This blog will only be lightly moderated, but when commenting please bear in mind the following:
- Debate and dissent are welcome on this site, but personal attacks (against authors or other users), persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
- People may often feel strongly about issues debated here, but content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening may be removed.
- Calling someone a liar will not be tolerated, and if you feel the need to refer to Adolph Hitler it would probably be better to find another way to express your argument.
- Conversations that descend into flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations may be redirected or curtailed.
- Racism, sexism, or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such will not be tolerated.
- Abusive name calling, ad hominem attacks, and bad language will not be tolerated.
- Any content that may put people associated with this site in legal jeopardy will be remove.
- Posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like will be removed.
- Keep it relevant. Although some conversations can be wide-ranging, if you post something which is unrelated to the original topic (“off-topic” or “off thread”) then it may be removed in order to keep the thread on track.
- Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently from the way that you intended. Text isn’t always a great medium for conversation: tone of voice can make all the difference in face-to-face discussion. Sarcasm, irony and humour are obvious danger areas.
The Welsh Language: Although the language of this blog is English, comments in Welsh are, of course, welcome. However as the administrator for the time being does not speak Welsh, comments in Welsh may be held in moderation pending their approval by a Welsh speaker. This inevitably will cause some delay before they appear.